German Computer Games Award 2012: "The aMAZEing Labyrinth HD" wins as "Best mobile game"
iPad version of the popular board game classic for the family impresses the jury by lovingly translating a tried-and-tested game idea
The German Computer Games Award has been presented for the fourth time on the evening of 26 April 2012 in Berlin. The prize, which is sponsored by the industry associations BIU and G.A.M.E. as well as the Federal Minister for Culture and Media, Bernd Neumann, is awarded to outstanding games productions from Germany in seven categories. The Ravensburger Digital title "The aMAZEing Labyrinth HD" ("Das Verrückte Labyrinth HD"), the version of the popular family board game for the iPad, received the award in the category "Best mobile game".
According to the verdict of the jury, which included representatives from politics, media pedagogy and trade press, "The aMAZEing Labyrinth HD" makes full use of the potential in mobile devices. The game is more than simply a direct implementation of the well-known title, the jury commented. Ravensburger Digital succeeded in transferring the board game classic into a digital application through lovingly implementing the app, by providing new game modes and an easy-to-follow method of playing the game, the jury added. The wide range of game options offer children, families and groups the chance to have fun with an entertaining game any time they are travelling.
"We are extremely proud that our aMAZEing Labyrinth has won the German Computer Games Award 2012", said Thomas Bleyer, Managing Director of Ravenburger Digital GmbH. "The award demonstrates that a good game idea can still work perfectly, even after 25 years. After fully capturing the spirit of the age at that time, its digital version is now providing many hours of fun in a family setting. "The aMAZEing Labyrinth HD" has been successful in making the transition into the digital age. In doing so, it is not only appealing to new players but is also re-igniting enthusiasm among fans of the board game classic."
"The aMAZEing Labyrinth HD" on special offer in the iTunes App Store
In celebration of the award as "Best mobile game", "The aMAZEing Labyrinth HD" can be bought at the special price of € 2.99 in the iTunes App Store, for a limited period only; "The aMAZEing Labyrinth" for iPhone and iPod Touch is currently available for € 1.59.
"The aMAZEing Labyrinth HD"
Features of "The aMAZEing Labyrinth HD":
- Three single-player modes:
- Classic: the original Labyrinth game, with friends or alone against various difficulty levels on the computer
- Puzzle: collect treasure in as few moves as possible to earn all the diamonds and advance to the next level!
- Time Duel: slide the puzzle pieces up and down to get your character across the board to the treasure. Every precious piece that you get adds a little more time on the clock. Beat your personal best by finding out how far you get before the time runs out!
- Local and online multiplayer through Game Center. Play either the new Duel mode with friends and family, or the original Labyrinth mode for a more classic game experience
- Game instructions to help novices and veterans alike
- No set up, no tidy up!
- Great fun with family and friends!